Blogs from the team
Take Advantage Of Joomla – Read These 9 Tips
Build your new website using the Joomla Content Management System Do it Yourself or get Expert Assistance
Benefits of Joomla
What is Joomla? Joomla is a Content Management System (CMS) that has become one of the most popular in use today, and there are plenty of reasons why that is true. It serves as a platform for managing all the web content that a website owner might want to include on their site, and it is both extremely capable and very user-friendly. Here are some of the benefits of using Joomla to manage your web content.
- Excellent editing capability. Joomla ensures the integrity of content while you make changes by locking the content file to other users, and the Joomla editor has the very familiar look and feel of Microsoft Word.
- Menu creation. The ease of menu creation in Joomla is one of the features which separates it from most other CMS systems. Even novice developers with little experience are able to create complex, hierarchical menu trees intuitively.
- Open-source framework. Joomla uses PHP as its scripting language and MySQL as its database language, and both of these are components that are entirely open and can be extended or modified by experienced developers.
- SEO functionality. Joomla incorporates many search engine friendly (SEF) URLs which only need to be enabled in order to gain the advantages that SEFs bring to a website’s rankings in searches. Since you can also set the meta description and meta keywords of any page of your website, you can improve your search rankings dramatically.
- Fast learning curve. It is so easy to learn how to use Joomla, that in most cases even a relatively inexperienced developer can build an entire website in a single day, and gain experience toward becoming a Joomla designer or a Joomla developer, and join the growing ranks of Joomla programmers.
- Huge template library. Almost any template you can dream up is provided in the huge library of ready-made Joomla website templates provided by Joomla, and this can be another big time-saver.
- Third party support. With Joomla’s popularity soaring these days, many developers are creating extensions and add-ons that are compatible with the system, which gives users much more functionality to choose from.
- Multi-lingual support. As of version 1.6 of Joomla, the software has become multi-lingual, which means you can generate your main website in English and then reproduce it in a secondary language to reach an entirely different audience.
- Large Joomla community. The Joomla community online is very active and friendly, which can be a big help to anyone using the CMS software. Whenever questions arise or help is needed, this very active community is available as a resource.
Help with Joomla
Although it can be very easy to use, if you lack experience with the software, Joomla experts at JoomlaGeeks can help you build your site with Joomla and to take advantage of mobile Joomla opportunities. To get your site up and running quickly, you need only contact the expert professionals at JoomlaGeeks.